So, where have I been over the past 2 months?! I guess I have some explainin’ to do…
You see, Hubby and I did a thing…
Well, we made a thing…
More like a person actually…
We made a baby!!! Our first baby is due in the beginning of November 2018 and we couldn’t be more excited! 🙂
In case you’re curious, here’s the answers to a few questions everyone seems to have lately:
- Were you trying for a baby?
- Well, yes… but it happened a lot faster than we were expecting! I have endometriosis and have been told that it may take several months to a year to conceive. If we were unsuccessful after a year, we would be advised to look into fertility treatments. About a year ago, I began to preemptively treat/manage my endometriosis in a variety of different ways (more on this to come). Whether we can get pregnant or not, I’ll at least feel better I thought. Turns out what I did worked!
- Are you going to find out the gender?
- Yes! I can’t wait to find out if the baby will be a little boy or a little girl! I think knowing the gender will help make this all seem a bit more real. It hasn’t quite sunk in yet! We have our 20 week anatomy ultrasound in the beginning of July. I’ll make sure to let you know what we find out!
- How are you feeling?
- SO MUCH BETTER now that I’m into the second trimester! (Keep reading for more on this.)
Now that the cat’s out of the bag, I want to apologize for disappearing over the past several weeks. I developed hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) that lasted throughout my first trimester and a few weeks into the second. That, coupled with the crippling fatigue, had me bedridden for nearly 10 weeks. Definitely not the way I had planned for my first pregnancy to go!
Anyways, I’m finally feeling better and ready to tackle life again! So what can you expect here on Naturally Kristina in light of the current circumstances?
- I still plan for this to be primarily a lifestyle blog with a focus on wellness from a natural, holistic perspective.
- While I have no intention of Naturally Kristina becoming a “mommy blog” (no disrespect- I’ve been reading and loving a lot of them lately!), I will incorporate some baby and child content. After all, it’s becoming a big part of my life!
- As life is getting busier, I’m going to try to stick to posting at least 2 times per week. I haven’t decided on which days work best yet, but you can expect regular content again soon!
I’m so excited to share this new phase of life with you! What questions do you have? Are there any specific topics you would like for me to cover as I learn to navigate the world of all things baby?